Tree Project Club Aims to Beautify Livermore

Back to Article
Back to Article

Livermore High School Olivia Lopez (grade 10) has started a new club called the Tree Project this school year. The main purpose of this club is to plant trees all around Livermore. They plan to fund this project with various fundraisers such as collecting quarters in classrooms to buy seeds. The Tree Planting Project has the potential to make an impactful difference in the Livermore community. 

The Tree Project’s immediate plan is to fundraise for money that will be used to get supplies needed for planting the trees. Lopez hopes to accomplish planting 1,000 trees in Livermore through this club. Her priority right now is to recruit members and help people understand why trees are important in our community. “I started it because trees are a big part of everyone’s life. To me especially because I love hiking and exploring,” Lopez explained. She also added, “I think people should join to help beautify our area and help the environment.” Joining this club is a great way to make a direct impact on our community. 

Marisse Quines (grade 10) said she wanted to work on the project because she likes plants and wants to help the environment in Livermore. She thinks that a club like this on campus will motivate people to help. “I want to spread awareness on how we impact the environment and how we should help.” stated Quines.“I joined because I wanted to make an impact,” said Jayda Miller (10), another member of the club.“I wanted to help out the environment in Livermore,” added Melissa Olvera (10) in agreement. 

The Tree Project club is a great way for students to get involved in helping the environment, not only on campus but in the whole city. Through this club, the environment in Livermore will improve and more scenic beauty will be added.