Agriculture day at LHS 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

Agriculture day at LHS 2019

Livermore High School’s Future Farmers of America (FFA) class welcomed third graders from elementary schools from all over the Tri-Valley School District, like Croce Elementary, Marylin Elementary, as well as others, to enjoy Agriculture Day on the LHS campus.

Ag Day is when students, staff, and volunteers set up workshops to show the visiting third graders the different agricultural divisions in the FFA program.

Divisions in the program include  animal care and health, plants and farming,  food and nutrition, along with many more.

The FFA program set up various workshops to interact with students and to show them how each division works and what it’s like to work in that division.

Workshops were set up in order to teach the children about making salsa, shearing sheep, as well as the anatomy of cattle, and many more.

The weather rose to 84 degrees. To make sure the students didn’t overheat or get dehydrated, there was a drink station set up in the shade to make sure students got water while exploring the workshops.

Along with the workshops, animals were also brought and shown to help demonstrate what role they play in different divisions as well. There was cattle, horses, sheep, an inspection dog, a mule, rabbits, hens and a rooster, and a guinea pig.

If you didn’t get a chance to go to Ag Day this year, make sure you stop by next year or join the FFA program at LHS.