Enjoying “A Whole New World” At Junior Prom

Back to Article
Back to Article

Photo was taken in front of San Francisco Galleria

Photo taken inside Galleria where Livermore High school prom was held

Junior Prom this year took place on Saturday, Mar. 23, from 7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. The theme for Prom this year was “A Whole New World” and took place at The Galleria in San Francisco.

When students first arrive and go up the steps to enter the building they go through a bag check, as well as check in themselves and their guest if they have one.

After all the formalities, Juniors made their way over to the bag check in if desired and then were free to join fellow students at tables, or on the dance floor.

There was also a refreshment table and drink bar inside The Galleria. At the refreshment table, they had mini hamburger sliders, chicken tenders, french fries, as well as other finger food and desserts too.

At prom there was also two options in taking photos; you could pay to have your photos taken professionally and pay a certain package for the photos you want or take free photos that you then took four photos and they come out looking like photos from a photo booth.

In order to ensure the safety of the students, teachers and chaperones watched students from afar making sure nothing happened.

The chaperones and teachers were also seen dancing and enjoying themselves with refreshments and taking photos as well as laughing and engaging with students to make the night that much more enjoyable.

There are mixed opinions of the DJ, but aside from the criticism everyone at one point or another was seen dancing and enjoying the music, whether it was to oldies like “Let’s Groove” by Earth, Wind, and fire and “Take On Me” by A-ha or newer hits like “Lucid Dreams” by Juice WRLD and “Thotiana”by Blueface.

The night ended. Photos were taken, heels were taken off, and memories were made that will last people a lifetime at the LHS’ ‘Whole New World” Junior Prom.

About the Writer
Madelyne Gold, A&E Editor

Madelyne is a Junior at Livermore High School. She plays for the LHS basketball team. Madelyne spends her time listening to music, reading books, writing...