Student Wounded in Apparent Stabbing Incident on LHS Campus

Back to Article
Back to Article

Emergency personnel responded to the alleged stabbing incident on the LHS campus within minutes. The victim was treated on scene by paramedics and then transported to the hospital.  Credit: Torch Staff

Emergency personnel responded to the alleged stabbing incident on the LHS campus within minutes. The victim was treated on scene by paramedics and then transported to the hospital. Credit: Torch Staff

One Livermore High School student is in police custody and another has been transported to the hospital Tuesday after an apparent altercation between the two boys resulted in a stabbing.

At approximately 3:00 pm, just before school let out, several police vehicles, a fire truck, and an ambulance arrived on campus in response to a 911 call from an unidentified LHS teacher after one male LHS student allegedly stabbed another with an unidentified weapon.

According to a Facebook post from the Livermore Police Department, the suspect was taken into custody within minutes of the incident and “the injured student was transported to a local hospital with what seems to be non-life threatening injuries.”

LHS Principal Vicki Scudder sent an email to parents of LHS students informing them of the incident, stating, “We are thankful for the quick response by the Livermore Police Department. They are now handling the primary investigation of this matter. Our school officials are also conducting a thorough investigation.”

According to Scudder’s email, school administrators and counselors will be available on campus to offer support to students who “may need additional resources to deal with this situation.”

This is a developing story  — we will update it with additional information as it becomes available.