Filed under News

Launch of Operation Needle Drop 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

Launch of Operation Needle Drop 2019

Livermore High School had their annual Operation Needle Drop (OPND) on Friday, Feb. 8 2019, after second period. Operation Needle Drop is a video made by the video production class and Mr. Castro. The video consists of the whole school showing off their school spirit and students lip synching throughout the school. The theme for the 2019 Operation Needle Drop was: “If you can dream it you can do it.”

Madison Silva (11) was a performer in OPND. She said, “Every great dream begins with a dreamer, and everyone involved in Operation Needle Drop is a dreamer.”

The leadership class incorporated the spirit week of Monday, Feb. 4, to Friday, Feb. 8, to relate to the overall theme of OPND. Monday was Jersey Day, Tuesday was Twin Day, Wednesday was Disney Day, Thursday was Class Colors,and Friday was Green and Gold.

During OPND, students went to their designated areas around campus and were told to wait there until the smaller group of students that was lip synching before them passed by. Then all the students were told to go to another section where everyone was given the opportunity to show off their school spirit.

Laura Gonzalez (11) said, “The week of OPND was amazing. We had a large amount of participation for our spirit week and even though the rain was forecasted, at the end of the day everything came out as a success!”

This event was recorded the whole time and then shaped into a video for everyone to enjoy. The event was directed by Mr. Castro and the video production classes.

The students in OPND practiced several weeks prior to the event.

Salem Lein (12) one of the performers in OPND stated, “The whole experience of Operation Needle Drop was definitely a bit stressful, but still fun. And I can’t wait to see how it all turns out.”