Livermore High School Swim Team

Livermore High School is the home to many different types of sports, from football to lacrosse.

LHS even has a swim team.

Head Coach Teresa Paden will be leading the LHS swim team this year along with her assistant coaches, Shelene Carey, Tyler Paden, and Maggie Woods.

Not only are Tyler Paden and Maggie Woods LHS alumni, but they also swam for the LHS swim team.

The swim season officially started on Feb. 4th. The team was eager to start their new season.
Weight training and a variety of swim sets are what’s in store for the team as they get ready for their first meet.

They keep a rigorous schedule throughout the week. Mondays and Wednesdays feature weights and swim sets, Tuesdays and Thursdays feature swim and dry land workouts, and Fridays are exclusively about swimming.

In past swim seasons, time trials occurred before any of the meets. This year is a little different, as our LHS swim team will be swimming against Cal High School of San Ramon on Feb. 22 at 4 p.m.

Time trials will then follow on March 1. In swimming, time trials are used to show who can meet the requirements to be on the Varsity team.

If someone is unable to get onto Varsity, then they will remain on Junior Varsity.

LHS Swim will have a total of five swim meets this season with their final meet being against Foothill High School on Apr. 19.

East Bay Athletic League marks the end of the season for most of the swimmers. EBAL brings all 8 high schools in Livermore, San Ramon, Pleasanton, and Danville together to compete against one another.

This is the opportunity for each swimmer to beat their own personal records.

For all of those who want to come out and support LHS swim at EBAL this year, mark your calendars for Apr. 27.

At this time, however, the location is to be determined. After EBAL, the varsity team will go on to compete in the NCS.