Filed under Sports

Stunt Cheer Open Gym

Back to Article
Back to Article

Stunt Cheer Open Gym

The Livermore High School Stunt Cheer season is starting soon, with the new season comes open gyms where you can practice the different skills that would help you make the team.

While the first open gym occured in November, another was on Jan. 8. Others are currently scheduled for Jan. 15 and Jan. 22 in the small gym from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. and an informational meeting was scheduled for Jan. 10.

Tryouts are Jan. 28 from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. on the blacktop and Jan. 29 from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. in the small gym with the teams posted at 8am the next day.

You need a GPA of 2.0 or higher to try out and you need to fill out all the paperwork that is on www.cowboysfight.com.

Should you make the team, practices are Mondays from 6 to 8 p.m., Wednesday 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., and Thursday from 6 to 8 p.m. in the main gym. This is only the schedule for the first two weeks of the season.

Games are on either Thursday or Friday with more info on the stunt cheer website.

Head Coach Shayna Danielsen said, “I say some sort of cheerleading background is preferred…but it’s definitely not necessary. Stunt is comprised of stunting, tumbling, and jumping and so experience or practice in any of those skill sets is preferred. But we have a lot of girls who come out and have never done any of that before.”

There are a maximum of 36 spots on the team and it is only a varsity team.

This will be the third year stunt is at Livermore High School, finishing second in the East Bay Athletic League  and last year making the first round of North Coast Section tournament.

This year, Danielsen hopes to improve and make either the 2nd round of NCS or even go to state.

More info on scheduling can be found on their Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.

About the Writer
John Clapp, Sports Editor

John Clapp is a 16 year old sophmore attending Livermore High School. He plays football in the fall and runs track in the spring. He is a Latin student...