Stan Lee: The Creator of Marvel

Stanley Martin Lieber, who was more commonly known as Stan Lee, was born on December 28th, 1922 in New York City. He died Nov. 12, 2018 in Los Angeles at 95 years old. Stan Lee wasn’t just a man that wrote comic books and directed movies, he was the father of Marvel.

In every superhero movie he directed he always had one small scene where Lee had a short cameo. Even if he had a small line, he was still able to make a memorable moment in the movie.

In the 95 years that Stan Lee was alive, he directed 53 movies and wrote 1,014 comic books.

The first comic Lee wrote was in 1961 when he wrote The Fantastic Four.

On 16 July 2017, Lee was named a Disney Legend, a hall of fame program that recognizes individuals who have made an extraordinary and integral contribution to The Walt Disney Company.

Stan Lee was married to Joan Lee for close to 70 years, until after her death. Stan and Joan had two children, Joan Celia Lee (68) and Jan Lee, who died 3 days after being born.

Lee would close most fan letters or personal contributions by using his trademark catchphrase:”Nuff said.”

Stan Lee’s net worth is estimated at $50 million.

Stan Lee was never alone in creating comic books and directing movies, he had his brother Lawrence Lieber (87), Jack Kirby who died on February 6th, 1994 (77), Steve Ditko who died June 2018 (91), and Bill Everett who had died February 27th, 1973 (56).

Stan Lee was not just a director and comic book writer, he was also a father and a husband. He was a soldier, voice actor, film producer, television producer, television presenter, screenwriter, publisher, business executive, and a comic book creator.

Although Stan Lee is no longer with us, he will still be remembered in our hearts and the hearts of many marvel fans and comic book fans.

Stan Lee was inspirational, he showed us that even superheroes have ego deficiencies and girl problems, that superheroes do not live their macho fantasies 24/7.

Stan Lee is a real-life superhero. He is the father of Marvel.

About the Writer
Lilian White, Staff Writer

Lilian White is 15 years old and a Sophomore, she enjoys reading, listening to music, drawing, and writing to her heart's content. Some of her favorite...