Filed under News

Best Pumpkin Patches to Visit in and Near Livermore

Every year, families make it a tradition to go to a pumpkin patch to pick out a pumpkin and put in front of their house on Halloween.

The two biggest and most popular patches in and around Livermore are the G&M Farm and the Dell’Osso Family Farm.

G&M Farm is located in Livermore at 487 East Airway Blvd.This farm is geared towards all age groups, rather than just kids.

G&M has two corn mazes; one for the older kids, and one for younger kids.

The corn maze for the older kids is a large six acre maze. On Oct. 27 the corn maze will be “haunted” at dark, meaning workers will be in costume hiding in the maze waiting to scare those who enter.

The other corn maze they offer is centered towards a younger group. The maze is made out of hay and reaches only  a few feet off the ground so they parents can see their kids go through it.

The maze was voted “best seasonal attraction in the East Bay” by Diablo Magazine.

G&M Farms is full of pumpkins which vary in sizes, color, and shape. They also offer fresh produce, decorative gourds, and Indian corn. The younger children also love the farm animals and corn box.

On the weekends, G&M features Pony Rides, Pedal Carts, The Barnyard Blasters, the famous Cow Train, and the newest attraction Jumping Pillows.

Prices for the attractions at G&M vary based on what you choose to do, you can find them at https://gmfarms.com/.

Dell’Osso Family Farm is located Lathrop at 501 Manthey Road.

Dell’Osso offers a lot of attractions. The attractions that the general admission wristbands include are: The Corn Maze, Haunted Castle, Dell’Osso Express Train, Hayride, Mystery Tour,  Scarecrow Ride, Goat Walk, Duck Races, Tire Pyramid, Dell’Osso Speedway, Animal Zoo, Ball Shoot Arena, Tire Play Area, Lawn Games, *Walk the Plank, Super Slide, Kiddie Playland, Kiddie Ferris Wheel, Spinning Pumpkins, Pillow Jumping, Children’s Interactive Pirate Show, Pig Races & Entertainment.

At Dell’Osso farm, parking is always free. There is food, merchandise, pumpkins, and seasonal gifts available for purchase.

Dell’Osso is open daily starting at 10:00 am until the last entry into the gate at 8:00 pm. Attractions start closing at 9:00 pm depending on the crowd.

Visitors must pay general admission to visit the Country Store or Pumpkin Patch. No Online ticket sales or advance purchases. All tickets are sold on site only. Price listings are available on the Dell’Osso website at https://dellossofarm.com/ .

Both Pumpkin Patches have unique features. Visit G&M and Dell’Osso with your family this fall to create memories and take home some pumpkins.

About the Writer
Madelyne Gold, A&E Editor

Madelyne is a Junior at Livermore High School. She plays for the LHS basketball team. Madelyne spends her time listening to music, reading books, writing...