Filed under News

Livermore High School Hosts Annual Expo

Back to Article
Back to Article

Livermore High School Hosts Annual Expo

The Livermore High School Expo is an event where information on courses, clubs, sports, and extracurricular activities are made available for incoming and returning students. The event will take place on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 in the big gym, and the doors will open to the public at 6 p.m. The event ends at 7:30 p.m.

The LHS Assistant Principal, Roxana Mohammed, organizes the event every year. It started five years ago when Mohammed first came to Livermore High. The Expo took place during open house, but was soon changed due to lack of attendance from families.

Mohammed said it’s difficult preparing for Expo because it’s such a big event. A lot of advertising and notices for parents are sent out so families can plan ahead. Parents are often busy with work so the event offers food for purchase.

During the event, military, athletics, Regional Occupational Programs (ROP), leadership, Visual Performing Arts, and other programs are showcased. The Future Farmers of America (FFA) and the Green Engineering Academy (GEA) have open houses during the event as well. Clubs that want to participate can, as long as they speak to Mohammed first. This year, there are no major changes except for removing Advanced Placement (AP) night.

LHS Expo continues to serve the purpose of helping parents and students navigate through their years of high school.

About the Writer
Sally Garcia, Staff Writer

Sally, a senior, is 17 years old. Her Hogwarts house is Hufflepuff. She's a Taurus with a moon in Leo. You'll often find her eating entire meals during...