Superintendent Plans to Keep LHS Safe for School Year

As the district begins to reopen for personal learning in 2021-2022, many students are excited to return to school. But in order for students to return, they will need to follow school guidelines implemented by Alameda County. 

The Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District COVID-19 Safety Plan is available on the district’s website which outlines the guidance for the school year. This guidance will be enforced up until the pandemic ends.

Indoor masks will be enforced for the duration of the pandemic, and any protocall broken by a student will be sent home. 

Chris Van Schaack is a superintendent at the LVJUSD school district. He strongly encourages all students to stay home if they test positive for COVID-19. “The most important thing is that we require indoor masking, we ask students and staff with Covid symptoms to stay home, and we quarantine unvaccinated students who have had close contact with somebody who has tested positive for Covid.”

Regardless of vaccination status, masks are still the biggest rule on campus. Chris goes on to explain that the Alameda County Public of Health is encouraging ones to be vaccinated and wear masks indoors. “Indoor masking is probably the biggest rule. 

There are others, but the Alameda County Department of Public Health is really pushing the vaccination of all those who are eligible and the wearing of masks, regardless of vaccination status.”

Chris hopes this school year will go without any lockdowns and go hybrid for the rest of the year. “I’m confident that we will not have to close down schools or go into hybrid learning this year.”