The Livermore High Shooting Stars cheer program!

The Shooting Stars program is a cheer related program which allows students with special needs to feel like part of a team and contribute spirit to school events. The shooting star team is coached by fellow Livermore High cheerleaders (Varsity and JV) who volunteer to help teach fellow students different routines and stunts to perform during events. The team performs halftime routines at football and basketball games and performs at LHS rallies. 

Varsity cheerleader and captain, Hailee Hartman (11) conveyed her feelings towards participating as a volunteer coach for the Shooting Stars. “I have always loved to cheer and it’s my way of getting away from the real world. I wanted to join the Shooting Stars to help them get away too” Hartman states she enjoys “making up their routines” and “enjoying hanging out with them and making them laugh” 

Hailee, states that the program is a huge part of the LHS students and faculty’s life on campus because “It means a lot to LHS because we love having them interact with us and watching them smile and light up the room as themselves”

JV cheerleader, Krissy Montgomery (10) states that the Shooting Stars program is “An amazing place to teach cheer and have a lot of fun with new people” This is Krissy’s first year working with the program and she will be placed as a junior-coach. She decided to join the program for her love of cheer and “helping people and I thought it would be really fun”

The Shooting Stars program has become a very important program to the student body that everyone enjoys and is proud to support!