Rotten Potatoes With Serin

I believe that everyone deserves the same chances, even if it means working a little harder for the same outcomes because of your particular setbacks.

Standing at a whopping 4’11 (and ½) Livermore High School’s most beloved English teacher, Renee Hennessy gives us the inside scoop on her favorite movie.

“There’s one movie that if it’s on, I have to watch; and that’s Forrest Gump, shares Hennessy. Ms. Hennessy tells during the impromptu interview, “I think it’s just such an inspirational movie, I think given his circumstances and his particular set of challenges in life that even in the most unique of ways, Forrest always has support all around him, even if he doesn’t know that.”

Ms. Hennessy proceeds to list all the reasons why she loves Forrest Gump: “He always sticks up for himself, he loves everyone in his life completely unconditionally even though everyone is flawed, and he himself is flawed, and that’s okay.”

Ms. Hennessy’s personal philosophy, everyone is equal and everyone deserves a chance, applies here. “I just find him very inspirational.” Finding inspiration in a character, there is something so charming about that. “And of course there is the you never know what you’re gonna get, and that’s life, that’s literally everyday.” “I like to consider him kind of like an everyday hero. I think we can all learn a little something from him.” “He had a lot of negatives, physically and mentally; but not emotionally, I think that’s big.”  

Ms. Hennessy has always encouraged all of her students, despite their challenges, she never gives up on them. “I believe that everyone deserves the same chances, even if it means working a little harder for the same outcomes because of your particular setbacks. Everybody can experience the same beauty, love, friendship, devotion, companionship; everyone deserves all those same equal opportunities.” 

Along with encouraging her students to always do their best, Hennessy always believes in her students; she treats every student with the same respect and kindness, Ms. Hennessy is an inspiration herself.