Students Questions On Hybrid Learning

Livermore High School has adopted a new learning style referred to as “Hybrid Learning”, in which kids are split into three groups. These groups are determined by the first letter of their last name.

Students in group A  attend school twice a week, in-person on Mondays and Thursdays, and students in Group B Tuesdays and Fridays. 

The third group, Group C, consists of students that have chosen to continue online learning.  

On Wednesdays, students in all groups attend class online.  

While students continue to adjust to“Hybrid Learning,” several questions have arised. In an effort to answer these questions, teachers were asked for an explanation. 

1. What will students do if their teacher is not at school?

Students will go to the Student Union if their teacher is absent, and log into their Google Meet from there. They are to follow along as if they were at home.

1. Will masks be required at all times?

Masks will be required at all times when on campus.

1. Are students allowed to collaborate with their classmates?

Students will get to communicate with their peers, but there will be no group or partner assignments.

1. Will there be a time where all students can be on campus at the same time?

Teachers are not sure if students will attend school as they normally would this school year.  The Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District (LVJUSD) will determine if this is possible based on several factors, including the number of COVID-19 cases in the Bay Area. 

1. How can students participate if the teacher is focused on the students in another group?

Teachers are trying to find out how to give the same amount of attention to both online students and in-person students.