Virtual Learning Academy in Development for 2021-2022 School Year

On April 20 the Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District (LVJUSD) held a board meeting in which they discussed the Virtual Learning Academy. The Virtual Learning Academy, described on the LHS website, is an online-based education program designed by the LVJUSD to “develop collaboration, creativity, communication, and critical thinking skills that prepare students for success in [the] digital age.”

Christopher Van Shaack, Deputy Superintendent for the LVJUSD office, explained that the goal of the Virtual Learning Academy is, “to provide an option for students who either don’t feel safe returning to in-person instruction [or] have found that distance learning is more suitable for their situation.” 

Van Shack explained that the District is working with administrators to develop a program that meets these needs in time for it to be available by the fall of the 2021-2022 school year. As developments occur, plans for the program are subject to change as more decisions are made.

Students and their parents will be informed of new developments as they occur through emails sent by the District. Additionally, information on the Virtual Learning Academy can be found on the District Website, which is updated regularly. 

Registration for the Academy is open until 5/17. Students in grades K-8 can be registered through this link and high school students can be registered through this link.