LHS Seniors Must Choose Between In-Person and Walk-Through Graduation Ceremony

Livermore High School’s graduating class of 2021 is nearing the end of their time in high school. With school ending next month, it is time for Seniors to decide what they want their graduation ceremony to look like. 

With Coronavirus still being a factor, Seniors are being asked to choose between an in-person ceremony and a walk-through ceremony. 

According to an email sent to students and parents by the LHS Administration, the in-person ceremony would consist of “a series of smaller ceremonies that are similar to a ‘traditional’ graduation.”

“Students would be seated (socially distanced) on the football field and families would be in attendance in the bleachers (with social distance between families) to watch the students cross the stage and receive their diploma. There would be a short address and acknowledgement of the graduates prior to the names being announced. These ceremonies would last between 30 minutes and 1 hour,” the email read. 

As for the walk-through ceremony option, the email said, “Students and their household family members would walk through a portion of campus (socially distanced)  and out onto the football field where the students would have their names announced, walk across the stage, and receive their diploma while their families are on the field in front of the stage. This option would take between 10-20 minutes per student from the start of the circuit to the time they exit the field.”

To find the survey and indicate which graduation ceremony is preferable, log into your school Gmail account and search for an email (sent by Kathleen Adelman) titled: “Graduation for the Class of 2021”. 

Seniors must complete the graduation survey sent by no later than May 12.