LHS Virtual Showcase

Livermore High School’s Virtual Spring Showcase is set to premiere on Saturday, April 24.

Each year, the LHS Drama Club holds biannual Showcases for students to present their talents. A variety of acts are welcome, like singing, dancing, and poetry. This is the second Showcase for this year.

Leah Anonuevo (12), president of the Drama Club, wrote, “Instead of gathering at school to perform, this showcase is put together as one video. Those participating send in videos of their acts and they get edited together. On the night of the showcase, we gather to watch the video as a premiere on YouTube and cheer everyone on in the live chat.”

This year, the participants were not just limited to students. Teachers were welcome to submit their talents.

Mark Cabasino is a teacher in the English Department at LHS. This year, he will be performing a rap.

Cabasino said, “The song I’m rapping is “Jazz (We’ve Got)”, and I’ve done it before.”

The song Cabasino selected is by A Tribe Called Quest, which is a rap group that incorporates various genres into their music. They try to spread positivity through their music and are against violence. 

Cabasino said, “I picked it because I enjoy doing this song, and because I want to make young people aware of who ATCQ are.”

Lacey Silva (11) is a student performing in Showcase. She is singing a song from the musical Anastasia.

Silva wrote, “The best part of performing in showcase is being able to show people my love for theatre without the traditional show or play format.”

Nalini D’Souza (11), is another student performer featured in the Showcase. D’Souza wrote, “My favorite part of showcase is getting to see my talented friends do what they love: perform! I also enjoy the afterparty, where we’ll play online Pictionary for hours and just congratulate each other in a chat room! It feels like a piece of normalcy, like we’re together again for a moment.”

D’Souza will be singing a song from Sky: Children of the Light, a popular game. Throughout the pandemic D’Souza’s friends have kept in touch through online games, which gives the song a special meaning to her.

Anonuevo wrote, “I think showcase is very special because it is purely a product of students’ work and talents. The showcases this year show how students are so passionate about the arts and how they don’t let a pandemic stop them from doing what they love.”

Those interested in watching can fill out the form on the bottom of this flyer. The link to the showcase will be sent to the email provided around an hour before it begins. There is no charge for admissions, but donations are welcome.