LVJUSD Parents Asked to Complete Survey Regarding In-Person Schooling Versus Distance Learning

On Jan. 29, the Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District sent an email to Livermore High School parents, regarding an update in LVJUSD schools beginning in-person class for the third trimester of the school year.

The email asked parents to complete a survey, committing their child to either in-person school, or the continuation of online classes, beginning March 10.

The email read, “For Trimester 3, we will implement a consistent bell schedule, similar to a traditional pre-COVID school day. Students will be placed in Trimester 3 classes that will be designated for distance learning or for in-person learning.” 

Students who go to school in person will “[complete] independent work at home when they are not in school. They would no longer participate in the online learning program they are currently experiencing.” 

The email stressed that the structure of in-person learning will be based on health guidelines, established by the LVJUSD. 

For students who continue using the distance learning model, the email said, “Students would remain in distance learning full time, meeting with teachers and classmates online for instruction. Students would continue to work independently for some asynchronous learning. Some students may be in classes with students from other schools.” 

Parents had until the end of Feb. 5 to complete the survey. 

Note: LVJUSD’s Director of Community Engagement, Philomena Rambo, was reached out to but did not respond by press time.