Class Periods Should Be Shortened

Back to Article
Back to Article

Class Periods Should Be Shortened

Our schedule currently has classes that are an hour to an hour and ten minutes long, but they should be shorter. As you may notice, many students fall asleep in class and don’t have the greatest attention span, but shorter class periods could help. 

If classes were shorter, students would be able to focus more, which would lead to them getting more work done. This eases the stress of teachers and allows them to control the class more easily. 

Personally, since I’ve been participating in a club and doing a sport this trimester, I haven’t had much time to complete homework. With shorter classes that lead to a shorter school day, we’d have more time to finish it. This would enable us to complete it at a reasonable hour and comprehend the information better. 

Less time will be wasted and the work that needs to be done in that class has a greater chance of being completed. Although more can be taught in longer periods, the information will not be retained as well by the students since we usually end up bored and zoning out.

There are many more benefits to having shorter class periods than having longer ones. Students end up less stressed, more attentive and able to finish more work. Overall, this helps teachers and students greatly.