Wellness Club Helps Ease Student Stress

Back to Article
Back to Article

Wellness Club Helps Ease Student Stress

Livermore High School students Avery Payne (grade 11) and Jessica Jaing (grade 11) have started a new club called the Wellness Club. “We started this club because we wanted to find ways to help people de-stress and deal with school in better ways,” said co-president Payne. 

As for what the club is about, Payne further explained, “We want to do beneficial things like gratitude journaling and group meditating. Basically things that will help people.” 

Payne and Jaing were inspired to promote these activities by dealing with their own stress. “We’re juniors right now so we’re dealing with a lot of stress. We wanted to help people find ways to manage these emotions. High school is such a tough time and we want people to realize that they’re not alone. We want people to have a safe community,” said Jaing. 

The Wellness Club plans to have their members participate in various activities such as meditating, journaling, and coloring. “We’re doing things where you can connect more with yourself,” shared Jaing. 

The club meets in room 407 on Friday every week. Justin Lam (grade 10) recently attended one of their club meetings for the first time. “It seems pretty cool. I like how organized and planned the club is. I want to see how the activities help me ‘cause I don’t participate in much wellness by myself,” shared Lam. 

The Wellness Club offers LHS students an opportunity to better their mental health as well as have a safe place available to them on campus.